IWWA's vision is to provide assistance and support to Muslim Women, girls and children according to Islamic values.
- To assist with Islamic awareness and spiritual guidance
- To support and assist women, girls and children from all cultural backgrounds
- To provide Islamic solutions
- To meet the ongoing needs of the Muslim community
- To be culturally sensitive and relevant
- To create a friendly, welcoming and comfortable environment in all our services
- To be integral and responsive to the wider community
- To work in partnership with other Muslim groups and associations
- To spread the true word of Islam.
Our Long Term Goals
- To set up a centre for Muslim women and children tailored for their needs
- To hold regular seminars to improve the image of Islam amongst the Australian population
- To set up a ‘Crisis Line’ and ‘Information Line’ for Muslim women, girls and children
- To set up a Recreational Centre for Muslim women, girls and children
- To establish a place of care for Aged and Disabled Muslim women
- To provide a safe place for Muslim women, girls and children at risk
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh
I hope you are in the best of health and high Emaan.
The Islamic Women's Welfare Association (IWWA) is a non-profit organization that was established
10 years ago to meet the Religious and Social needs of Muslim Women and Girls of all backgrounds in Sydney, Australia. Alhamdullillaah, in that time, with the Grace of Allah, then, with the help of the volunteer women at IWWA and the community at large, we have created positive impact onto the lives of many Muslims in Sydney.
We have looked after the Muslim Women and girls in the community, by providing them with Basic Islamic Knowledge in English, Arabic and Malay Languages, teaching Qor'aan Reading from the Alphabet to Tajweed, Arabic Language, English Language, Information Mornings, 2 weekend Arabic Schools, Play group, Preschoolers Program, Dinners, Picnics, Sports, Short Courses (Hajj, Funeral, Marriage, What leads to Hell, Islamic Wills, The Conditions of the Shahaadah), Camps for Teenage Girls, Mentoring programs for teenagers, Marriage Facilitation Project, Weekly Islamic lessons and discussions for Teenage Girls, Financial Support, Ramadan's Bag, Feed the poor Project and of course our continuous help line for sisters in any kind of difficulties.
We do not receive any financial help from the government; all our workers are volunteers, except for one or two part time office employees. Our overheads are met by donations collected from the sisters attending classes, each one according to her financial abilities, as we very much encourage our sisters to learn and not to worry about cost factor. We also organize Fundraising dinners, garage sales, day spa, and other activities throughout the year to raise funds to meet our expenses.
IWWA's premises (4/180 Haldon Street, Lakemba) from which we have been operating for the past 10 years is now too small for us. For the past 2 years, we have been looking for a larger and more convenient place to lease. We were unsuccessful, until we found a house for sale across the road from IWWA (181 Haldon street) . Out of desperation, we had to borrow $300,000 from MCCA to secure the deal.
We are a women only organization, the majority of sisters who attend IWWA do not work. It will take us 30 years to pay back this amount.
BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prophet Muhammad (SAS) said "No wealth (of a servant of Allah) is decreased because of charity." (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith No. 2247).
Allaah Subhaanahu Wa Ta3aala said in Suratul Baqarah 2:245
" Who is he that will loan Allaah a goodly loan so that He may multiply it for him many times over "
Is there in the community 300 Brothers or Sisters who want to loan Allaah $1,000 each and in return, Allaah will pay them back many times over?
PLEASE, extend your hands to help us so we can continue to help your wives, daughters, mothers, aunties and nieces. Take advantage of this door that has opened for you today and grab this chance to earn continuous rewards from "Sadaqah Jaariyah"
May Allaah reward you in this Don'yaa and in Aakhirah.
Abla Tohamy Kadous
Bank details: Islamic Women’s Welfare Association, Commonwealth Bank
BSB: 062191 Account: 10309320 Swift Code : CTBAAU2S
Please pledge to donate $1,000 or more on your own or divide the $1,000 among 2 or more friends or relatives, and pay to IWWA today or over several months.
The Islamic Women’s Welfare Association
4/180 Haldon Street, Lakemba, Sydney 2195
Tel: (02) 9759 1675 Fax: (02) 9759 6975